Exceptional Operations Manager
Want to work for a high tech innovative start-up that is shaping the future of food?
Are you kick-ass at Project Management and can multi-task and keep track of multiple timelines and dependencies without breaking a sweat?
Are you naturally resourceful and work smart and hard easily juggling competing priorities?
Are you a talented problem solver with a keen engineering mind?
Do you have hands-on Process Engineering experience and enjoy a challenge?
Do you have oodles of determination, grit and perseverance knowing there is always a way?
Do you easily overcome roadblocks and enjoy finding creative solutions to keep charging forward?
Do you thrive on getting shit done?
If you like to be challenged, are hungry to make a difference, and have a creative solutions-focused attitude, then let’s talk!
Sunfed is looking for a driven Operations Manager to streamline our production, coordinate the operations team, and help expand our range of world-first category-breaking products to market.
In this key role reporting directly to the COO, you will be responsible for executing the operational strategy and managing production. This includes managing the production team over two shifts, working with the core team of engineers and food scientists, as well as external stakeholders.
We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either! To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven track record in Operations Management
- Experience managing large projects end-to-end with a track record of successful deliverables
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and lead a team in a fast paced production environment
- Exceptional communications skills, comfortable liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management and organisational skills including the ability to prioritise tasks, effective time management, and a high level of accuracy and speed
- Excellent problem solving capability with laser-like focus on detail
- Thrive in a fast-paced agile start-up environment, enjoy R&D and constant change
- Quick learner with a continuous improvement mindset and a positive attitude
- Motivated to make a real difference, and committed to growing with us at pace
- Creative process engineering skills with an ability to find solutions on the factory floor
- Demonstrable hands-on experience with machine operation and running food production lines a big bonus
Please note this role is NOT suited to those who enjoy working at a corporate or ticking boxes!
Competitive salary + benefits on offer for the right candidate.
Sunfed® is an award winning innovative and rapidly growing food tech start-up that is shaping the future of food. Using clean and breakthrough technology, they are re-imagining the high protein food system to bypass animals and make meat directly from plants. Their range of Sunfed Meats® tastes, feels and cooks like animal meat but is healthier for us, and lighter on the planet.
Sunfed is backed by a high profile global team of US, UK and NZ investors.
If you would like to know more, take a look at our website:
or check us out on Facebook:
If this sounds like you please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know why you’d like to join our team. We’d love to hear from you!
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.