Cooking + Prep: 30-35 mins
For the PESTO
4 cups fresh basil leaves
2 large kale leaves, spine removed
1 ½ cups raw cashews
½ cup nutritional yeast
1 tsp Himalayan salt
½ tsp crushed garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
2 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
For the PASTA
1 packet of penne pasta of your choice
½ box of Sunfed Chicken Free Chicken
3 cups button mushrooms, finely sliced
1 red onion, finely diced
Lemon zest to garnish
1. Boil the pasta as per the packet instructions.
2. Meanwhile make the pesto by placing all of the ingredients except the olive oil into a food processor.
3. While the processor is running, pour in the olive oil. (This recipe will yield you more than you need for the pasta, so place extra in an air-tight container and keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks).
4. Now, heat some oil in a pan and add the onion, cooking until soft, around 4 minutes.
5. Add the mushrooms and cook until they become nice and golden.
6. Add the Sunfed Chicken Free Chicken and pan fry for around 4 minutes until a slight crispiness on the outside, while still tender to the bite.
7. Use 2 forks to help break the Chicken Free Chicken apart in the pan for smaller pieces.
8. Strain the pasta and stir through 3 TBS of the pesto pasta.
9. Stir through the mushrooms and the Chicken Free Chicken.
10. Lastly adding the lemon zest as the finishing garnish.